Yoga With Ryan
At 24 years of age, I couldn’t sleep due to back pain, couldn’t bear weight on my hands in push up position, I had repetitive shoulder and knee issues, and I had tendonitis in my elbows.
Enter Yoga, a life and body transformed. Added strength and flexibility allowed my career as a professional mountain biker to flourish. A deepened connection between body, mind, soul, and spirit inspired a developmental journey that will never end.
My mission is simple, share this beautiful practice with others.
“I really enjoy Ryan’s yoga classes because Ryan has a voice that I can only describe as calm enthusiasm. As I follow his directions, we slowly and carefully move to new postures at our own levels of ability, but do so with a focused energy and intensity that inspires me to hold a position or relax into that one extra arc of extension. Still waters run deep.” –John
“Ryan is as cool as it gets. His energy, focus and mastery to his craft is contagious. Where Ryan goes, people follow.” Eric Peterson, Lululemon Global Brand Director
What can I expect at class?
Open, Flow, Flourish. A fun and friendly vinyasa flow style that is suitable for all levels of yoga experience, from first timers to masters. Blending a mix of poses to challenge your strength and flexibility. Ryan encourages his students to tune in to their experience and bodily feedback to help guide them to safely explore their edges, both physically and mentally.
Ride & Reach Retreats
Bring your bike battered body to the mat and your yoga openness to the bike. Glance over at the side bar to the right for the latest dates.
- 2009: Certified as a blissologist through Eoin Finn’s Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour teacher training.
- 2009: Registered with Yoga BC as an instructor and insured
- Completed Positive Force Alignment Workshop with Eoin Finn
- 2011: Lululemon Elite Ambassador
- 2011: Completed 40 hour Deeper Knowledge Intensive with Eoin Finn
- Practicing and playing yoga in class and in hotel rooms around the world since 2002
“I started going to the class because I was unable to ride because of my cancer, and needed more activity, and the class really helped me keep active as well as helped me cope both physically and emotionally with my journey. Now I’ve got some experience, I really appreciate the fast flow with next to no interruptions from start to finish, and always feel like I’ve had an amazing workout by the end.” –Steve Sheldon
“I definitely feel healthier for participating and would recommend his friendly, all-inviting classes to anyone. You WILL feel better for it.” –Pete Stace-Smith
“Practicing yoga with Ryan Leech is a rare pleasure. Ryan brings a welcome combination of warmth, humility and inner calm to his yoga class. I look forward to the next time I can attend one of his classes.” –Cam McRae
Real Action AthletesSubscribe to access a new class every week, plus meditation and on trail riding practices. Try it free for 30 days!
Get Ryan’s newsletter
- Had a great session with my Warrior Yoga teacher Kevin Snorf this morning, and then drove through BC to... http://t.co/Fmf33LYX89 about 4 hours ago
- From Oakland to Portland to Revelstoke http://t.co/x5l3Bn3Rrv about 7 hours ago
- This weeks theme on 'Ryan Leech Connection': Travel. Blog:... http://t.co/ELbM2Kn2DQ about 3 days ago
- RT @KHUnicycles: With 7+ rides/week I don't feel entirely out to pasture, but hopefully it brings a few more people into the sport: http://… about 4 days ago